Our PK Student Services Team
Grade 10 Counsellor
Grade 11 Counsellor
Grade 12 Counsellor
Learning Support Facilitators
Mr. Jeet Jermana Grade 11 (E-Z) and Grade 12
Mrs. Michelle Lutic Grade 10 and Grade 11 (A-D)
Mrs. Laura Kasper (Indigenous)
What we can help you with
- Career counselling: job search techniques, job requirements, job salary, job outlook
- Educational counselling: orientation to high school, choosing courses appropriate to goals, interests and abilities
- Post-secondary counselling: admission requirements for post-secondary institutions, cost of programs, scholarships, loans, assistance with registration
- Personal counselling: help with any concerns or problems a student may have, and, if necessary, referrals to outside agencies
- Interest and aptitude testing: students have the opportunity to use a career program called ALIS, which assists them in making career decisions.
- Aptitude testing: Students may take the COPS Interest Inventory to help them match their interests and areas of strength.
- Information sessions: upcoming post-secondary information sessions are held each year and posted by the Student Services bulletin board.
- Counselling centre: this is a drop-in information centre for use by students. Academic calendars of most post-secondary programs are available.
- Referral services: our counsellors can refer students who need assistance. Some of these referrals may involve community agencies such as: Family School Liaison, Parents' Place, Social Services, local psychologists, WrapAround and The Collective.
Alberta Health Services (AHS)
Click here for information on addiction & mental health program, services, resource and tools.
AHS St. Albert addictions office:780.460.4971
AHS 24-hour information line: 1.866.332.2322
Al-Anon or Al-Ateen
Al-Anon/Al-Ateen is for family members or friends affected by someone else's alcohol use.
24-hour information line: 780.443.6000
Nar-Anon is for family members or friends impacted by someone else's' drug use.
Information line: 780.952.1763
Gam-Anon is for friends and family impacted by someone else's gambling.
Information line: 780.463.0892
Don't know how to talk to your kids about cannabis/marijuana? Drug Free Kids Canada has put together a Cannabis Talk Kit that will provide parents with some tips and facts to consider.
AHS Parent Information Series
The Alberta Health Services (AHS) Parent Information Series is designed to answer frequently asked questions and give parents like you factual information that may help you prevent your children from using drugs, help them make healthy lifestyle choices and support them in making changes in their lives.
Click here to learn more about opioids from Alberta Health Services.
24-hour Distress Line
The Distress Line provides confidential, non-judgmental and short-term crisis intervention, emotional support and resources to people in crisis or distress. We also support family, friends and caregivers of people in crisis.
Our Distress Line Service provides:
- Crisis Intervention
- Suicide Prevention
- Family Violence Prevention
- Emergency Intervention and Response
- Emotional Support
- Community Resource Referral
When you reach out we will:
- Listen to your situation
- Provide emotional support
- Explore options with you
- Connect you with local resources and referrals
Kids Help Phone
Need help right now? Text CONNECT to 686868 to chat with a volunteer Crisis Responder 24/7.
Kids Help Phone is always there for you. No matter what you want to talk about, we’re here to listen. No judgment, totally private, 24/7. Click here to find out more.
Momentum Walk-in Counselling
Momentum is a mental health triage centre, helping individuals who cannot pay for or wait for aid through the traditional health care system.
Alberta Mental Health & Addictions
As part of a provincial initiative, Alberta Mental Health has introduced Mobile Service Teams to enhance services to youth at risk. A St. Albert unit has been established. An addictions counsellor can be contacted at 780.422.7383.
For further information regarding these services, you can visit the Alberta Health Services.
Anxiety Canada™ is a leader in developing free online, self-help, and evidence-based resources on anxiety and anxiety disorders and promotes understanding about anxiety and anxiety disorders through general information sessions, professional seminars and workshops, offered throughout the year. We are the developers of the free MindShift app which helps youth and young adults manage anxiety, using step-by-step strategies based on psychological treatment.
Canadian Mental Health Association
Help line: 1.877.303.2642
Sexual Assault Centre Crisis Line
Youth Emergency Shelter
Alberta Health Services gives support and information through AlbertaQuits for people interested in quitting vaping or other forms of smoking.
Information line: 1-866-710-QUIT (7848)
Click here for information on tobacco from the Government of Alberta.
Click here for more information on electronic cigarette and vaping products.